Vala’s Pumpkin Patch and Apple Orchard
Job Opportunity: Director of Food Operations
Vala’s Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard is hiring a Director of Food Operations. Located in Gretna, Nebraska, Vala’s is a fall festival open to the public 45 to 55 days a year and a treasured fall tradition for many families in the surrounding communities. Vala’s is one of the largest pick-your-own pumpkin patches in the world, spanning 400+ acres and including over 50 attractions, like pick-your-own pumpkins and apples, and over 25 specialty food locations. Working at Vala’s during the fall season is a fast-paced, exciting experience that’s also very rewarding – we create happiness!
The ideal candidate will provide exceptional leadership and have a passion for providing high quality service to our growing number of guests and employees. They will lead by example in engaging a professional and positive culture throughout the company. This candidate will have experience in leadership and supervisory management and 5+ years experience in food service. They will also be a good problem solver, excellent at setting and meeting deadlines and comfortable working under pressure.
The Company: Vala’s Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard is a family owned entertainment venue. Tim and Jan Vala started Vala’s 35 years ago, and the business is now being transitioned to the next generation of owners. We are known for creating magical memories through providing fall family traditions for our guests and employees alike.
· Our food operations are growing and changing every year.
· Our mission is to create happiness and magical memories for families through fun, fall traditions, including excellent food.
As the Director of Food Operations, you will be managing the Food Team under the supervision of the Director of Food and Beverage. You will maintain the high standards of quality and safety of food locations throughout the farm, maximizing profits with quality control and customer service.
· Directs food operations, such as: scheduling, food ordering, food delivery, hiring & training
· Manages food managers, supervisors and team leaders
· Responsible for food safety training and checks
· Manages the opening, operating and closing of all 25+ food locations at Vala’s each year
· Other duties: This job description includes essential job functions for the position; however, other duties may be assigned as required by a supervisor based off of the needs of the organization.
· Experience managing people and operations
· Passion for organization and comfortable with bookkeeping
· Basic computer skills, Gsuits familiarity is a plus
· Food Service or Hospitality Industry experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ServSafe certification is a plus
· Simple IRA matching
· Flexible work schedule
· Casual dress
· Seasonal benefits also included: family/friends season passes, general admission tickets, food/retail discount
Why Should You Apply?
If you have ever wanted to work in the attractions industry and see yourself thriving at a unique, fast-paced, and growing attraction, you may be interested in applying for the Director of Food Operations. We offer a flexible schedule, competitive benefits, and a fun business atmosphere where we are always looking for opportunities to improve and innovate our operations.
How To Apply
Apply now and please send your cover letter with desired salary, resume, and two professional references. https://www.indeedjobs.com/valas-pumpkin-patch–apple-orchard/jobs
Vala’s Pumpkin Patch is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, uniform service member status or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.