Full Service American Restaurant
We are seeking all areas of restaurant personnel to become an integral part of our team! You will take part in all aspects of serving food to patrons at our dining establishment.
Serve food and beverages to guests
Explain to guests about menu items
Clean and prepare the dining areas
Greet and make all guests feel welcome at the restaurant
Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely fashion
Perform other restaurant duties as assigned
Previous experience in customer service, food service, or other related fields
Ability to build rapport with guests
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Join the curry crew at the Worlds First Drive-Thru Indian restaurant and Best of Omaha wiiner for best new restaurant.
And quite frankly the most family oriented and fun loving place to work at. Guess what? You get to eat for free, play your own music and are able to take an actual break. Plus the hours are flexible.
You will have direct access to the owners. Your input and feedback is greatly appreciated and will actually help build the company in the long run. And we are poised to build a curry loving community in Omaha.
You dont need any prior experience. Just the willingness to learn.
So Hurry! Hurry! And apply soon.
LeadBelly prides itself on creating a fun, flavorful take on the classic American bar & grill style. We value strong teamwork, forward-thinking, and commitment to serving our guests culinary creations of the highest quality.
It's pretty simple, really...do you want to work with the best? Do you want to have a stable and enjoyable work experience in the hospitality industry. Industry standard compensation applies (our average tip percentage is 24% and staff is making roughly $13-$15/hr just in tips), we offer meal discounts, parking discounts, and growth opportunities.
Seeking motivated manager to oversee all day to day operations. Full benefit package. Great place to work!
* Following standard recipe and preparation methods as established while maintaining a clean, orderly work place and clean immediate area after completing a task.
* Ensuring that reach-in and walk-in refrigeration is clean and orderly, as is all other storage areas.
* Adhere to safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
* Present food according to plating specifications while ensuring that high quality and productivity standards will be strictly maintained; ensuring specified portions will be used in all preparations.
* Maintain a clean, professional appearance and greet guests in a friendly, positive manner.
* Conducting self in manner that reflects credit on Harrah's and Horseshoe while encouraging others to do the same.
* Minimum of 6 months service as a Cook's Helper.
* Have high quality standards.
* Be reliable.
* Hard- working.
* Able to communicate effectively with service staff, other cooks, and cook's helpers.
* Must be able to prepare food items on a consistent basis.
* Ability to stand and walk, and mobility to move easily around entire property for entire shift. Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 50 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
* Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
University Dining Service is a unique organization providing a variety of dining venues throughout UNL (University of Nebraska - Lincoln) City and East campuses. Food, coffee, and snacks are served early morning to late-night hours and are available in market-style as sit down or carry out. A wide
variety of ‘quick’ food items and supplies are also available at convenience stores located throughout the residence halls.
A variety of culinary, service and sanitation opportunities are available for positions Monday – Sunday daytime and late-night hours in:
• Traditional and international fare and build-your-own venues
• Fast-paced day and late-night ‘to-go’ style coffee and dining venues
• Convenience stores with mini grocery store-like selections
University Dining Service employment opportunities can be found at https://employment.unl.edu/
Located in Gretna, Nebraska, Vala’s is a fall festival open to the public 45 to 55 days a year and a treasured fall tradition for many families in the surrounding communities. Vala’s is one of the largest pick-your-own pumpkin patches in the world, spanning 400+ acres and including over 50 attractions, like pick-your-own pumpkins and apples, and over 25 specialty food locations. Working at Vala’s during the fall season is a fast-paced, exciting experience that’s also very rewarding – we create happiness!
Job Opportunity: Director of Food Operations
Vala’s Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard is hiring a Director of Food Operations. Located in Gretna, Nebraska, Vala’s is a fall festival open to the public 45 to 55 days a year and a treasured fall tradition for many families in the surrounding communities. Vala’s is one of the largest pick-your-own pumpkin patches in the world, spanning 400+ acres and including over 50 attractions, like pick-your-own pumpkins and apples, and over 25 specialty food locations. Working at Vala’s during the fall season is a fast-paced, exciting experience that’s also very rewarding – we create happiness!
The ideal candidate will provide exceptional leadership and have a passion for providing high quality service to our growing number of guests and employees. They will lead by example in engaging a professional and positive culture throughout the company. This candidate will have experience in leadership and supervisory management and 5+ years experience in food service. They will also be a good problem solver, excellent at setting and meeting deadlines and comfortable working under pressure.
The Company: Vala’s Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard is a family owned entertainment venue. Tim and Jan Vala started Vala’s 35 years ago, and the business is now being transitioned to the next generation of owners. We are known for creating magical memories through providing fall family traditions for our guests and employees alike.
· Our food operations are growing and changing every year.
· Our mission is to create happiness and magical memories for families through fun, fall traditions, including excellent food.
As the Director of Food Operations, you will be managing the Food Team under the supervision of the Director of Food and Beverage. You will maintain the high standards of quality and safety of food locations throughout the farm, maximizing profits with quality control and customer service.
· Directs food operations, such as: scheduling, food ordering, food delivery, hiring & training
· Manages food managers, supervisors and team leaders
· Responsible for food safety training and checks
· Manages the opening, operating and closing of all 25+ food locations at Vala’s each year
· Other duties: This job description includes essential job functions for the position; however, other duties may be assigned as required by a supervisor based off of the needs of the organization.
· Experience managing people and operations
· Passion for organization and comfortable with bookkeeping
· Basic computer skills, Gsuits familiarity is a plus
· Food Service or Hospitality Industry experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ServSafe certification is a plus
· Simple IRA matching
· Flexible work schedule
· Casual dress
· Seasonal benefits also included: family/friends season passes, general admission tickets, food/retail discount
Why Should You Apply?
If you have ever wanted to work in the attractions industry and see yourself thriving at a unique, fast-paced, and growing attraction, you may be interested in applying for the Director of Food Operations. We offer a flexible schedule, competitive benefits, and a fun business atmosphere where we are always looking for opportunities to improve and innovate our operations.
How To Apply
Apply now and please send your cover letter with desired salary, resume, and two professional references. https://www.indeedjobs.com/valas-pumpkin-patch--apple-orchard/jobs
Vala’s Pumpkin Patch is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, uniform service member status or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.